Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome spring

Happy Spring everyone! The snow has finally melted and the sure sign of spring is making itself known in my yard... yes crocuses are starting to bloom.I also am feeling my need to hibernate slowly fade away. It's not that I haven't been busy both in and out of the studio. The end of February, I volunteered at the Women's Studio Workshop's Annual Chili Bowl Sale. It is a super fun event. People from the area who have been feeling the effects of cabin fever come out for a day of music and chili donated from lots of local restaurants. And it is a great time for me to get out of my solitary studio and chat with old and new friends. My social butterfly tendencies needed a release I guess, after 5 or so hours, my voice was pretty hoarse. Not sure how many bowls sold, but the day started with over 900 and the tables looked pretty sparse by the evening.
In my studio, I have been picking up the pace a bit. My shelves are packed with work in all different stages of completion. At the time of this pic, I needed to fire a bisque. That's done now, and I have lots of glazing and photographing to do. So that means I really will be posting on etsy and filling up my shop this weekend.

1 comment:

shoshonasnow said...

Hey! I STILL don't have any crocus blooming. No fair. I do have a pretty collection of mini daffodils in the front that are almost in bloom.