Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hibernation

The past two months have been a true time of hibernation for me. I have been making work at a very slow pace, but also catching up on other aspects of my life. Years ago in college, I had a talk with one of the visiting artists and she said her life was a constant balancing act between work, family, and resting time. When she noticed any one area was neglected, she focused on that. My very nature is not very good at resting for any length of time. So this winter, I've put some much needed energy into kicking back and hibernating a bit.

I was so surprised that my work on etsy is still making it's way into treasuries since I have not been actively listing new items for some time. This lovely treasury, thanks to Wren Willow highlights some locals in the Hudson Valley. And it is the first one I've seen that puts my work with my good friend's. Can you guess who that is? Hint, she is on an animal kick these days.

4 comments:

shoshonasnow said...

*wink*wink*
I really liked that one. It was a nice surprise and I was happy to see that I know (or know of) most of the artists.

Also glad to hear you are also dealing with the balancing act. I really think I'm getting a bit better at it.

jen jeglinski said...

Ah, you figured it out! The whale was a dead giveaway anyhow.

I was forced into resting, running myself ragged gave me a nasty cold. And made me realize I need to do less. Nothing like an injury or illness to set you back to a normal pace.

rae dunn. said...

jen...

your work is LOVELY !!!!!

jen jeglinski said...

Thanks Rae, I'm a big fan of your work. When I made the switch to handbuilding, I wasn't sure how to go about making functional work. At some point I came across your manufactured line and was amazed at how accessible and beautiful handbuilt tableware could be!