Saturday, January 17, 2009

Regrouping

We're still in a major cold spell in the Northeast. Today my studio was a chilly 48 degrees, making me happy that I have a part time job in a warm comfy building as my day job. I usually slow down production in the winter since my studio is cold and it's hard to want to roll out icy clay. I look forward to this time of year as much needed time to regroup.
And that starts with a major cleaning. This year I went especially crazy and things from years ago. This is a box of pots I am letting go of representing college years to the present. I used to just purge them by smashing them, but my fiance is much more practical and doesn't see the point in creating more waste in this world. So he's going to find homes for them, just not ours.
I had planned on firing a bunch of heart trays and tags in time for Valentine's Day.....
But instead of pushing through another kiln's worth of work, I'm deciding to wait and use this time to experiment with new forms and to search for some glaze colors I've been wanting. In the meantime, I have lots of work to post from the last firing I did the end of last month. Here's a preview.

No comments: