Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm back.

What a busy few weeks it's been. I had hoped to post before the holidays, but never had the time. Can't wait to get back to my studio and start to experiment with some new ideas. But, here's a quick recap since the last post. I took a complete vacation from the studio, the first in a long time.
First came over a foot of snow.
Then there was a frenzy of wrapping gifts and packing. All leading up to a lovely Xmas with my fiance's family. I love the little elf figurines that were uncovered from John's grandmother.
A few days later we were off to spend time with my parents. Another wonderful trip. Lots of food, some beer, family, and cookies. Did I mention cookies? Ever since I can remember, my mom and grandma have made tons of them. And not to break the tradition, my grandma made trays and trays this year along with her special Hungarian poppy and walnut rolls. Here's a look at some of the goodies I'm trying to resist gobbling down.Last night settling back after a long and filled few weeks, we lit a fire and had a bowl of hearty soup loaded with chard, zucchini, chickpeas, and rice pasta and a nice chunk of bread with brie. It feels good to be eating healthier and back to my normal diet again. That is after all the cookies are gone. Hope everyone had a joyful holiday season!!

1 comment:

shoshonasnow said...

We have a couple of those elves too!