Monday, December 1, 2008

Gratitude and Bounty

Another Thanksgiving has passed, and I still stand firm in thinking it is by far my favorite of all the holidays. No pressure for exchanging presents, just getting together with loved ones and eating a wonderful feast celebrating the bounty of autumn. This year was especially nice to have four generations of our family all together; from my adorable year old niece to my 95 year old Grandmother who still keeps us on our toes.

Of course a big part of the celebration was the enormous spread of food that could have fed a small army. Days later, still feeling stuffed, I'm resorting to eating fruit and light foods. Here's a platter that makes me think of harvest and this time of year...soon to be posted in my shop.

1 comment:

shoshonasnow said...

I love that photo. It looks like a painting my parents would have in their dining room.